So, I know I wasn’t going to post anything until September 2nd, but I made this salad that was soooo […]
So, I know I wasn’t going to post anything until September 2nd, but I made this salad that was soooo droolworthy, it made the whole family happy at the dinner table. I wished I had made more of it and I knew I couldn’t keep the recipe to myself. Since it’s still corn season, I wanted to share this so you could make it while the corn is still amazing – maybe make it for Labor Day weekend? Everyone will thank you! Recipe is courtesy of Love and Lemons but the photo is mine. Not as proud of it as my Roasted Eggplant and Heirloom Tomato photo, but I’m still learning food photography. Let me know in the comments if you make it and how much you love it!
Zucchini and Grilled Corn Salad
serves 2-4 as a side dish
1. 2 ears fresh corn
2. 2 medium zucchini
3. sliced cherry or grape tomatoes – as many as you like
4. 1 small avocado, sliced into cubes
5. 1/4 small very thinly sliced red onion (I left this out and it was still droolworthy)
6. small handful of mint or basil (I used basil)
7. 1-2 tablespoons capers (optional)
8. 2 tablespoons pine nuts
For the dressing:
-big splash of olive oil
-juice of 1 lemon (I used 1/2 lemon and it was perfect)
-splash of white vinegar
-1 garlic clove, crushed
-salt and pepper
1. Heat a grill (or grill pan). Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the corn and grill, rotating every 3-4 minutes to char each side. Let cool, then slice the kernels off the cobb.
2. Meanwhile, whisk your dressing ingredients together, drop the crushed garlic in whole (you’ll remove it later).
3. Use a regular vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini into long ribbon-shaped strips. I used a mandolin. I think next time, I might cut them into coins or match stick size pieces.
4. Toss together the corn, zucchini, tomatoes, avocado, red onion, basil, capers and pine nuts. Remove the garlic clove from your dressing. Drizzle dressing over the veggies & toss. For best flavor, let salad sit for 15 minutes or so before serving.
Double YUM!! Will make!!