This salad is the perfect combination of crunchy, spicy, salty, sweet and everything that’s good for you. The recipe is […]
This salad is the perfect combination of crunchy, spicy, salty, sweet and everything that’s good for you. The recipe is compliments of Pinch of Yum, but I made a few modifications which I will mention in the recipe. Quite possibly one of my favorites, if not my most favorite!
- 1 14 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- chili powder, salt and pepper
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- 1 shallot, sliced thin (I left this out)
- a handful of parsley and mint (I left out the mint)
- 2 firm avocados, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water (I left this out)
- juice and zest of one lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 °. Place chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder to taste (I put the chickpeas in a bowl then the olive oil, and spices, tossed in the bowl and then spread them out on the baking sheet). Roast for 20-30 minutes until crispy and browned.
- At this point in Pinch Of Yum’s recipe, she made the cauliflower into “rice” by pulsing it in the food processor, in batches. I am not fond of cauliflower “rice” so I kept mine in florets. But you should obviously do what you like here.
- Dressing: Shake up all ingredients in a jar. Toss with cauliflower, chickpeas, apple, shallot and avocado. Enjoy!
Thank you, Pinch of Yum! One of my favorite salads EVER!Print This Post