These books are all a great read. If you’re looking for a great book this summer, any of these will surely satisfy you.
I have been trying to do this post for a long time, but time is hard to come by these days! If you like to read, I am sure you will find something in this selection that you will love:
1. The Princess Bride by William Goldman, action, fantasy, humor, romance – what more could you ask for in a book?
2. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, historical fiction takes place in Afghanistan from the 1970’s through the 1990’s.
3. The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer, non-fiction, biography/memoir – about a boy in Malawi, Africa who built his own windmill from junkyard materials at age 14.
4. A Dog’s Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron, fantasy and humor, if you think your dog is the best of everything, this book will complete you.
5. Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand, biography WWII, much better than the movie.
6. A Smile as Big as the Moon by Mike Kersjes and Joe Layden, non-fiction, biography and memoir of a Special Education Teacher.
7. Body and Soul by Frank Conroy, fiction, portrays the life of a classical musician who grows up in New York City during the 1940’s.
8. Wicked by Gregory Maguire, a fantasy – it follows the Wicked Witch of the West (from The Wizard of Oz) before the house fell on her sister.
9. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, a mystery and thriller
10. Touching the Void by Joe Simpson – The true story of one man’s miraculous survival, non-fiction – extreme adventure in the Peruvian Andes.
Please tell me your favorite books below! I need a new great book to read!
Scott! A signed copy for me or Bianca?
Bianca!! I’m sending you a virtual hug. Now, how do we figure out a way for me to sign your copy for you?
Bianca! I’m so glad you like my list! Thank you so much for your review of The Lemoncholy Life of Annie Aster by Scott Wilbanks. Cannot wait to read it!
Fantastic list! Wicked is one of my all-time favorite books. Have you read the whole series?!? It’s amazing. I have another book that you must add to the list. “The Lemoncholy Life of Annie Aster” by Scott Wilbanks (http://www.scottbwilbanks.com/) is a fantastic novel that has romance, time travel, mystery, suspense and is quite simply a book that you will not be able to put down (perfect for a cozy couch session!) The story follows Annie and her unusual correspondence with a 19th century schoolmarm, Elsbeth Gundy, from Kansas. Annie lives in modern day San Francisco and finds this mysterious link in her backyard. Out of nowhere appears a mailbox with a letter from Elsbeth stating “Trespass is dealt with at the business end of a shotgun in these parts!” The two have to discover what is connecting these two very different worlds. I absolute adore the characters and the dialogue in this book. It is clever and witty and I really think it is enjoyable from start to finish. Hope you will check it out. Happy Reading!
You’re welcome, Constance! Never read that book, I will download a sample today.
Thank you for your list Carrie. Will be passing it on to Pete as well.
Have you ever read Steinbeck? Cannery Row is a good book.