Talk about droolworthy! If you’re on a diet, I’m sorry. Otherwise, please make these. It’s pure heaven in a bar. […]
Talk about droolworthy! If you’re on a diet, I’m sorry. Otherwise, please make these. It’s pure heaven in a bar. Or, two.
Gooey Baked S’mores Bars, recipe courtesy of Garnish with Lemon
⅔ cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 ⅓ cups graham cracker crumbs
⅓ cup flour
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 cups milk chocolate chips (about one 11.5 ounce bag, I used semi-sweet)
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 7X11 pan with foil (foil hanging over the sides) and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together graham cracker crumbs, flour and salt.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together sugar, butter, vanilla and egg for about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture until thoroughly combined. Reserve 2 cups of this mixture. Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the pan for the crust.
4. Evenly layer chocolate chips on top of the crust. Drop spoonfuls of marshmallow creme over the chocolate chips. Using the back of a spoon warmed with hot water, gently spread creme over the chips, stopping to rinse spoon and warm with water as needed. Sprinkle the reserved graham cracker mixture over the top.
5. Bake for 27-30 minutes or until marshmallow creme starts to lightly brown. Cool thoroughly before lifting foil from pan and cutting into squares.